- The first semester will begin August 24, 2020 and run for 12 weeks, following the Cobb County School District calendar, observing any weeks off therein, ending November 30, 2020. The second semester will begin January 11, 2020 and run for 12 weeks, following the Cobb County School District calendar, observing any weeks off therein, ending April 15.
- Classes will be held for the full group each Monday from 6:30-7:30 PM and each Thursday for smaller groups or individuals, by call, from 6:30-7:30 PM. A schedule for the Thursday classes will be issued prior to the first class.
- This is a year-long class. We will be preparing Schoolhouse Rock! KIDS.
- The performance will be a video which can be shared freely. To make the video, each child will be required to appear alone for a recording session at a studio TBD where they will be recorded performing the songs and all their lines. This will enable me to be on hand to direct them throughout this process and to be sure that all the video quality is even.
- Parents will be responsible for making sure each child has access to reliable internet, Zoom codes, access to the script (Word Document), and music (distributed by Drive). They must also have a space big enough for dancing.
- Each Monday class, involving the whole group, will have an opening time/discussion (5 min), vocal training/learning songs (15 min), dance training/choreography (30 min) and closing instructions/discussion (10 min).
- Thursday small group or individual class will include acting training and work on specific scenes as well as individual vocal and dance training.
*This method of teaching is at the mercy of a child's attention span in front of a computer screen. Please let me know ahead of time of any concerns. STUDENTS. CAN. NOT. SING. TOGETHER.OVER.THE.COMPUTER. The technology does not exist. The delay makes every attempt to make music together a complete train wreck. For this reason, pre-recorded individual performances which are then edited together are the only way to make this work. We are also at the mercy of the Internet. Should it fail on my end, I will schedule a time to make up that class.
Register by making payment. I will be in touch before we begin.